Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really? I don't think I've seen those... although, there is that one where he shows Rictor (who?) the incredible joys of homosexual love. The author had Kurt as some sort of Grand Slash Master which was not in character at all. And I can sum up the rest of it in one word- huh? It seems to be about mutant fairies or something? Or maybe fairies and mutants? I don't know.

And the part with Kurt didn't seem to be connected to the rest of the story in any way whatsoever. Did anyone else read this? Could you explain it to me?

Fasheem

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, that one kind of lost me, too. Kurt as the Mr. Miyagi of gay sex ... not workin' for me. I think it's supposed to be taking place in some kind of alternate universe, though ... cuz that's certainly not the Jean I'm familiar with, either.

Yeah, I pretty much only read Nightcrawler fanfic. I've read a few Authority fics lately, and there have been a few X-Men things I've read on a whim and found to be really good. But those are few and far between. I think "Avatar" was one of them. I didn't even know it involved Kurt before I started reading it. Although Fasheem's review may have tipped me off; I can't remember.

I kinda like the Carol Danvers one. Well, the idea anyway. The story is a little too gushingly emotional for me. Everybody is so frank with each other, it's kinda hard to swallow. But I like the fact that she's way older than him smile There's a really crazy story called "Comedy of Eros" which hooks Kurt up with the Scarlet Witch ... when he's like fifteen years old. It's a pretty well-written story, if a bit on the bizarre side.

Oh, and thanks, Fasheem. "Too good for cute"--yeah, I can live with that biggrin

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Oh, Rexie, "Comus" was great! I'm glad it's part of something larger. I really like your writing. You're not a professional writer in any capacity are you? Just wondering.

Okay, as a straight female, I like some slash. But honestly, there ends up being one character I identify with, either male or female. I have read some f/f and boy, I don't get most of it. But I guess it's 'cause I'm straight. Deep down, I think everybody is curious and that is the big appeal of slash.

I've read "Comedy of Eros." That was just bizarre! The first NC fic I ever read was "Some Enchanted Evening." Even though it was really graphic in parts, I loved it!

Psychoanalysis! Wow, we are some deep people. Can you imagine a discussion on the psychoanalytic aspects of slash on a Wolvie board! Hehe, that would be fun, fun for everyone! I prefer Jung myself, wink. Almost all comic book characters are so archetypical.

biggrin
    ~When you're strange, faces come out of the rain
    When you're strange, no one remembers your name...~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex Luscus:
    That's not too shocking, KC. Slash is kind of a straight woman/gay man thing. Although I've met lesbians who were into it, and THAT I don't get at all. I'd be curious to know the appeal for them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking as a bisexual female who likes slash (that gives me some ground to stand on, I hope...), I believe that its similar to the reason some straight women like it - it gives you a chance to view a relationship without the percieved inequality of m/f relationships. There might also be some level of aesthetic appreciation (mm, pretty guys doing yummy things) that doesn't have anything to do with which gender the reader might be attracted to. Then again, some fics are good regardless of who's getting laid. Of course, this in no way applies to 100% of lesbian females who enjoy slash, but its true for some I suppose.

And this was probably TMI for most of you. >.< *Sighs....*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The oddest slash story I've EVER read, though, is this one called "Reptile Love". Read at your own risk.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my. That one is.... just strange. *sighs* What I go through to read all the NC fics I can find....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm glad you guys liked "Comus"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh certainly. smile Its what started me looking for specific NC slash, even though I haven't found anything to suit my tastes as well as "Comus" has (and not even explicit - am I losing my edge?).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I basically made him into a lonely, desparate innocent who just wants human interaction however he can get it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I like. biggrin And are you ever planning on continuing this line of storytelling...?

Jyuu-chan
    (Who, as a rule, likes yaoi much more than slash.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jyuu-chan:
    And this was probably TMI for most of you. >.< *Sighs....*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, not for me biggrin We can be the TMI twins. Thanks for the data. Silly me, I was thinking purely in gay/straight terms. Slash is just endlessly fascinating to me cuz it so often illustrates how fluid and, well, counterintuitive sexuality can be.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Oh, I like. biggrin And are you ever planning on continuing this line of storytelling...?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I'm working on it currently. I'm trying to finish something else up, but as soon as I do I'm going to apply myself in earnest. The thing I'm currently working on, BTW, is my own imagined version of how Kurt ends his career aspirations toward the priesthood smile Wow, I'm really glad people have actually READ "Comus". Makes me want to write more smile

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex Luscus:
    Well, not for me biggrin We can be the TMI twins. Thanks for the data. Silly me, I was thinking purely in gay/straight terms. Slash is just endlessly fascinating to me cuz it so often illustrates how fluid and, well, counterintuitive sexuality can be.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*noddles* Exactly. *_* Slash fascinates me 'cause I like to see guys doing it. But only certain guys, unless its just written really well...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Wow, I'm really glad people have actually READ "Comus". Makes me want to write more smile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, please, be my guest. And would you like some coffee or tea while you write, Ms Luscus, or perhaps a cookie? They're homebaked, you know. wink

Jyuu-chan
    (Who did make cookies today. *passes them out to everyone* Chocolate chip and warm from the oven. smile )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

~grabbs one~ Yum. Thanks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678